Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where is Rosie the Robot when you need her?

I am in the midst of trying to get my apartment in order so I can feel better about having my friends over this weekend. Brittany and her husband Colin will be helping us pick up a mattress and bringing it here on Saturday afternoon. There is a 6:00 reservation for four at New Deck Tavern, but that leaves a gap of about three and a half hours between bringing the mattress inside (about 2PM) and leaving for the restaurant (5:30 PM). The plan is to just relax here and play some board games and munch on a few snacks to tide us over so we aren't gnawing on the tabletops while we wait for our appetizers. Any ideas for cheap and tasty things I can toss together?

This place is in need of serious cleaning and straightening up before they arrive. It is also currently suffering from being only partially painted and decorated. Fortunately, they aren't super judge-y and will probably not ostracize me if it isn't pristine. Plus, it will just make it so much sweeter when things look even better when they return! Right? Right.

I will be listening to Pandora all day tomorrow while I clean. Music just helps the time pass and a little shimmying while you vacuum makes it better. ;) I leave you now with a video of a song I am loving that feels oh-s0 Summery and fun.

No comments: